A little history that's worth re-reading (Shuttle disaster)

Ed Lawson k1vp at grizzy.com
Mon Feb 3 10:32:04 EST 2003

Jerry Feldman wrote:

>>A bit less than 17 years ago the nobel prize winning physicist Richard
>>Feynman added an addendum to the Roger's commission investigation of
>>the Challenger space shuttle disaster.
>>
>Thanks for posting this Alex.

FWIW, I knew several people involved with the shuttle project during its
formative years so to speak.
They all mentioned the boosters and the tiles as critical points.
 History has now proven them correct in their views.  Not that they
assumed failures, just that these components caused more loss of sleep
than others.

I remember one of them being troubled by the "Teacher in space" program
since it suggested people were not looking at the risks properly.  I
also knew Christa, and I believe she would have taken the risks if she
had known them.

Ed Lawson
K1VP