CUPS help?

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Thu Feb 20 10:19:42 EST 2003

In a message dated: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 21:39:09 EST
Mark Komarinski said:

>Make sure the PPD has duplexing defined.  I had a problem with this
>years ago, and the printer I have now has a duplexer by default, so it's
>not a problem.  I'm going to guess that duplexing is an option for your
>particular printer.
>
>Where to look in the PPD?  If my crusty memory is correct, you can search
>on duplex in it and see if it's set to on or off (yes, no, si, non, whatever).
>Toggle it and restart PPD.  Try again.

I did this, and I also grabbed the actual ppd from a local Windows
box configured to use this printer.  Still nothing.  Then, for some
reason, I decided to run nmap on the printer, and lo-and-behold, I
see that port 9100 is open (i.e. the JedDirect port :)

So, I switched my config from using ipp://hostname:631/ to
using socket://hostname:9100, and everything works just ducky :)

Thanks everyone!
--

Seeya,
Paul