Hardware vent...

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Thu Feb 20 15:46:16 EST 2003

"Hewitt Tech" said:
properly. Anybody had good experiences with their laptops? I'm looking for
>reliability and the ability to run Linux without ridiculous efforts. Also,

My 1st laptop was a toshiba Portege 660CDT (a P150).  I was very happy
with it until it died :-(  I bought another Toshiba - Satellite
1805-s204, 1GHz Celeron.  I'm running Mandrake 8.2 on it w/ an Adtron 802.11b card.
USB (1.0?), Ethernet, DVD, sound all work well.  I have 1024x768x24bits
on the screen.  I'd love to have more :-)  Hey, it was under $1k a year
ago.

It's got a winmodem that I haven't gotten working (I have a pcmcia
modem) and IrDA that I haven't played with.  Toshiba does IrDA
differently so you have to load the toshboe module I guess.  One thing
I really wish it had was a stereo sound in; I record my old vinyl to
make CDs.  It's just a mono input *sigh* so I have to use another
machine.

>I'd really like to have USB 2.0 compliant ports on the thing...
Not on this one.

--
-------
Tom Buskey