Deregulation, DSL Providers and Verizon

Bayard R. Coolidge bayard at tds.net
Fri Feb 21 18:42:06 EST 2003

Interesting that Verizontal was bitching about having to upgrade their
infrastructure. Poor babies... I'd have subscribed to xDSL years ago if
they'd bothered to upgrade their infrastructure, so it's their loss, not
mine.
I suspect that they'd have made more of a profit off of me with that than
the second POTS line I put in for my dial-up service. As it stands, if
I were remaining in my house, I'd have Metrocast come in and fix me
up with a broadband connection. But, since I'm going to be moving to
Florida this summer, all I can say is that Verizontal is getting their
just desserts out of it.

Competition is a wonderful thing, because it forces vendors to think
about their customers' point of view and respond to it.

Just my 20 millidollars' worth...

B.