OT: ATTBI cable modem replacements

Bill Mullen moonmullen at attbi.com
Mon Jan 13 00:01:54 EST 2003

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Greg Kettmann wrote:

> I'd love to hear anyone elses experiences since I've several friends I
> need to upgrade.

I replace my leased modem (LanCity) with a 3Com 3CR29210 a few months ago,
haven't had any trouble with it at all. It connects via Ethernet, directly
from a 10BaseT card on my Mandrake 8.1 box; while the 3Com does USB also,
I can't speak to whether or not it works in USB mode with Linux.

--
Bill Mullen   moon at lunarhub.com   MA, USA   RLU #270075   MDK 8.1 & 8.2
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people