using wget (for the flash anims)

Michael Bovee mbovee at zoo.uvm.edu
Fri Jan 31 11:08:07 EST 2003

On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 03:09  PM, pll at lanminds.com wrote:

> In a message dated: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:43:07 EST
> "Tilly, Lawrence" said:
>> How do you capture one of these for personal archiving?
>
> I used wget from the command line and told it to only grab the .swf
> files:
> 	wget -r --accept='swf' http://www.ubergeek.tv/switchlinux/ .

Hi Paul, thanks for this info. I'm learning about the *nix world
through MacOS X command line and I use the Fink project from
Sourceforge to install ported open source apps that run under the
XDarwin environment. I installed wget-ssl and tried your string above.
A new ubergeek directory tree was appended to my homedir, but the file
wasn't downloaded into the new subdirectory. Here's what I saw by CLI:
[dhcp-24:~] mbovee% wget -r --accept='swf'
http://www.ubergeek.tv/switchlinux/
--10:58:05--  http://www.ubergeek.tv/switchlinux/
            => `www.ubergeek.tv/switchlinux/index.html'
Resolving www.ubergeek.tv... done.
Connecting to www.ubergeek.tv[207.235.6.116]:80... connected.
Length: unspecified [text/html]

     [ <=>                                 ] 5,923         85.06K/s

10:58:05 (85.06 KB/s) - `www.ubergeek.tv/switchlinux/index.html' saved
[5923]

Removing www.ubergeek.tv/switchlinux/index.html since it should be
rejected.

FINISHED --10:58:05--
Downloaded: 5,923 bytes in 1 files

so I don't know what that part about '...should be rejected' means.
What might I try next? I suppose this comes down to an RTFM issue  ;0)

Regards,
--Michael Bovee
Univ. of Vermont