using wget (for the flash anims)

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Fri Jan 31 12:09:49 EST 2003

In a message dated: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:08:07 EST
Michael Bovee said:

>Hi Paul, thanks for this info. I'm learning about the *nix world
>through MacOS X command line and I use the Fink project from
>Sourceforge to install ported open source apps that run under the
>XDarwin environment. I installed wget-ssl and tried your string above.
>A new ubergeek directory tree was appended to my homedir, but the file
>wasn't downloaded into the new subdirectory. Here's what I saw by CLI:

>so I don't know what that part about '...should be rejected' means.
>What might I try next? I suppose this comes down to an RTFM issue  ;0)

This means that because you used the --accept option, and specified a
list allowable file types as 'swf' only, that anything not matching
that suffix should be discarded.

The reason the switchlinux directory is empty is because there is
nothing in this directory on the remote server other than the
index.html file, which was rejected.

Apparently they moved this flash file to some other server, as
evidenced by the SRC= tag in the index.html file.  The new location
appears to be:

	http://content.cachenetworks.com/cache/403/_1/switchlinux/switchlinux3.swf

Hope that helps.
--