Low cost national V92 ISPs?

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Fri Jan 31 12:09:51 EST 2003

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:30:34 -0500
mod+gnhlug at std.com (Michael O'Donnell) wrote:

> Years?  You might be mistaken about that.  At any rate,
> bzs and crew have recently been angering a lot of
> people because the rate of false positives has changed
> dramatically for the worse while lots of genuine SPAM
> still gets through.  Last fall I transmitted several
> perfectly legitimate emails to myself from work that
> simply failed to arrive.  It didn't occur to me that STD
> was the problem was until subsequent msgs got bounced
> with a reply instead of simply being discarded.
>
> Barry Shein has got his side of this story, for sure, but
> discarding my emails (especially when done intentionally!)
> is simply unacceptable.
The World has been employing SPAM filters for a long time. They even had
BLU.ORG blacklisted for a while, which screwed up a couple of our
listservs whose admins had addesses on The World. They were one of the
first ISPs to block SPAM.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group