Low cost national V92 ISPs?

Michael O'Donnell mod+gnhlug at std.com
Fri Jan 31 11:30:34 EST 2003

> [STD] have had aggressive SPAM filtering in place for years.

Years?  You might be mistaken about that.  At any rate,
bzs and crew have recently been angering a lot of
people because the rate of false positives has changed
dramatically for the worse while lots of genuine SPAM
still gets through.  Last fall I transmitted several
perfectly legitimate emails to myself from work that
simply failed to arrive.  It didn't occur to me that STD
was the problem was until subsequent msgs got bounced
with a reply instead of simply being discarded.

Barry Shein has got his side of this story, for sure, but
discarding my emails (especially when done intentionally!)
is simply unacceptable.