HTML/CSS question

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Tue Jul 1 11:22:46 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to create a web document using CSS.  Though, what I want
to do really seems to lend it self to tables, unless there's
something I'm missing.

Basically, I want:

	Term:    Some long description here which may or may not span
                 multiple lines, but regardless, should be left
                 justified.

I've tried using <dfn> with <span>, and event specified that a class
which tells the text to be left justified.  However, it's not
co-operating :(

Here's what I have:

    .desc           { text-align: left;
                      text-transform: none;
                      text-style: none;
                      font-size: 12pt;
                    }

I've tried things like:

    <dfn>Term:</dfn>
        Some long description here which may or may not span
        multiple lines, but regardless, should be left
        justified.

Howerver, it left justifies with the 'Term', which I don't want.

(Yes, I know I'm abusing HTML, and I'm not *supposed* to be trying to
dictate the presentation, but isn't that what standards are for? :)

Does anyone have any ideas, or should I just use tables :)

Thanks,
--

Seeya,
Paul