HTML/CSS question

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Tue Jul 1 12:04:33 EDT 2003

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, at 11:22am, pll at lanminds.com wrote:
> Basically, I want:
>
> 	Term:    Some long description here which may or may not span
>                  multiple lines, but regardless, should be left
>                  justified.

  Have you tried the DL, DT, and DD tags?  They are for definitions.
(Definition List, Definition Term, and Definition Description,
respectively.)

  http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/lists.html#h-10.3

> Does anyone have any ideas, or should I just use tables :)

  Well, that certainly could be considered tabular data (one column for the
tern~, one column for the definition).  The hallmark of table abuse is
trying to enforce document structure (content and/or layout) using tables.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>