How-To for switching from DHCP to static IP

Kenny Donahue kennyd at mc.com
Tue Jul 1 11:29:47 EDT 2003

I'm running RH 7.3 right now. I was thinking of
trying RH 9 but I heard bad things.  Are they true?
I'm sticking with RH because that is what we are using
at work for a couple of products so I'd like to understand
that distro as much as possible.
This is a fairly new install. I was thinking about starting over
and applying the network setup at install time.  That ALWAYS
works.
BTW, this is going to be my home Apache server.  It may be an
ATTBI -> Comcast switch problem.  Does anyone have the
magic variables needed to set up a Comcast server?  I just used the
same ones that work with my Windows boxes.
Thanks,
Kenny