HTML/CSS question

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Tue Jul 1 12:15:44 EDT 2003

  Ben> Have you tried the DL, DT, and DD tags?  They are for
  Ben> definitions.  (Definition List, Definition Term, and Definition
  Ben> Description, respectively.)

Yes, they all seem to invoke a new line between elements so that you
end up with something like this:

    Term

    Definition of said term.

Not what I want (waste too much space, causing the document to be
unnecessarilly long).

Thanks,

  +> Does anyone have any ideas, or should I just use tables :)

  Ben> Well, that certainly could be considered tabular data (one
  Ben> column for the tern~, one column for the definition).

Yeah, I suppose I'll have to go this route.

  Ben> The hallmark of table abuse is trying to enforce document structure
  Ben> (content and/or layout) using tables.

Ahh, sort of like how Slashdot creates it's web site :)
--

Seeya,
Paul