Samba + W2K question

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Thu Jul 3 08:24:37 EDT 2003

On 3 Jul 2003, at 6:27am, cole at tuininga.org wrote:
>         invalid users = root

  Ding ding ding ding ding!

  I'm betting that's why you can't login as "root".  :-)

>        logon path = \\%N\profiles\%u

  I notice that you have no "profiles" share specified.  That will be a
problem with the above.

  While roaming profiles go a long way toward making MS Windows NT a more
manageable OS, they can be a bit tricky to get right.  If you just want to
disable roaming profiles (at least to start with), do the following:

	logon path =
	logon home =
	logon drive =

--