Samba + W2K question

Cole Tuininga cole at tuininga.org
Thu Jul 3 08:49:23 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-03 at 08:24, bscott at ntisys.com wrote:
> On 3 Jul 2003, at 6:27am, cole at tuininga.org wrote:
> >         invalid users = root
>
>   Ding ding ding ding ding!

*hangs head in shame*   Duh!

Commented that line out, and now the smbclient connection will work.
When I have a chance to actually go over there, I'll give the 2K machine
another try.  Many thanks.  8)

>   I'm betting that's why you can't login as "root".  :-)
> >        logon path = \\%N\profiles\%u
>
>   I notice that you have no "profiles" share specified.  That will be a
> problem with the above.

True - forgot to do that.

>   While roaming profiles go a long way toward making MS Windows NT a more
> manageable OS, they can be a bit tricky to get right.  If you just want to
> disable roaming profiles (at least to start with), do the following:
>
> 	logon path =
> 	logon home =
> 	logon drive =

Maybe this is a good idea - I'll get it running without first.  Later,
perhaps when I've learned to notice the obvious (see above) I'll try to
turn on the roaming profiles.  8)

--
Cole Tuininga <cole at tuininga.org>