Hello. Is anyone there?

Ben Boulanger ben at blackavar.com
Tue Jul 8 12:38:56 EDT 2003

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 bscott at ntisys.com wrote:
>   Ultimately, if your system is blocking mail, it's your problem, regardless
> of why you made that decision.  If you are basing your decision on a
> third-party information source that is not doing what you want, take it up
> with that third-party.  :)

Personally, I think that's a bad way to look at it.  Spam is our problem
and if we were vulnerable to either unauthenticated proxying or SMTP
relaying, then it's -OUR- problem.  They provide easy to use tools to look
it up.  They have an awful lot of IP's listed, so I question their
legitimacy, but if Steve Orr has faith in them, it's worth looking
at.

That's like saying a car with an emissions problem is the driver's problem
and the state shouldn't care about it.

Ben

--

Judge not the horse by his saddle.