Hello. Is anyone there?

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Tue Jul 8 12:55:54 EDT 2003

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, at 12:38pm, ben at blackavar.com wrote:
> Personally, I think that's a bad way to look at it.  Spam is our problem
> and if we were vulnerable to either unauthenticated proxying or SMTP
> relaying, then it's -OUR- problem.

  That is a completely different situation.  Spam is a problem.  But we were
not talking about spam; we were talking about being present on somebody's
list of something-or-other.  There is a subtle but important difference
there.

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, at 12:33pm, ben at blackavar.com wrote:
> Apparently, it thinks rogue.codemeta.com is an open proxy.

  AFAIK, they are wrong (see below).  If someone can demonstrate that rogue
is an open proxy, then I will immediately move to get that fixed, since that
*is* our problem.  But the fact that they are wrong is not our problem.

| $ telnet rogue.codemeta.com 80
| Trying 199.125.75.14...
| Connected to rogue.codemeta.com (199.125.75.14).
| Escape character is '^]'.
< CONNECT mail.ntisys.com:25 HTTP/1.0
<

--