Dimensional Warp Generator...

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Tue Jul 8 16:19:48 EDT 2003

On 8 Jul 2003, at 3:30pm, lists at karas.net wrote:
> Anybody else been getting these Dimensional Warp Generator Needed spams
> lately?  Any idea what the purpose of sending a completely useless message
> is??

  I finally did what I should have done: Googled for it.  The consensus
appears to be that it is a spam technique: Spammer sends out an inventive
email like this.  Curious people, knowing it obviously is not a legit
commercial effort, go to the URL or reply or whatever, just to see what
happens.  Bingo -- the spammer now knows your address is "live".

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>