Dimensional Warp Generator...

brian lists at karas.net
Tue Jul 8 16:22:51 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 16:07, bscott at ntisys.com wrote:
> Yup.  The first time I got one, I laughed so hard I nearly did myself
> injury.  Originally, I figured someone had just paid to have it spammed out
> as a gag.  But they keep coming.  Nowhere near as bad as the ads for the
> enlargement of sexual organs, but still quite persistent.  It seems a bit
> much to do (and pay for) just as a lark.  Now I'm wondering if someone is
> running an experiment of some kind.

That was pretty much identical to my reactions/thoughts.  I skimmed
through the email the first time I received it (having previously
owned/run a business that did a fair amount of importing of goods, I
still get the occasional email of Taiwanese origin asking if I'd like to
import or source Product X).  I got about halfway through the email
before it really sunk in how preposterous the proposition was.

I've also wondered what value it would have to the source to *keep*
sending the message out.