ssh and port redirection...

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Thu Jul 10 09:49:40 EDT 2003

Hi,

Is there a way to generically redirect a specific port number,
regardless of destination IP?

For example, I don't have a direct net connection on my laptop, but
my server at home does.  I don't have the time to set up iptables to
do this correctly, and I want to surf the web.  Can I do something
like:

	ssh -L 8080:*:80 server

and have all port 80 requests go to port 8080 on localhost?
Thanks,

--

Seeya,
Paul