[gnhlug-announce] SLUG "problem solution" meeting Monday 7/14 7pm at UNH in Morse 301

Bob Bell bbell at hp.com
Thu Jul 10 13:45:07 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 12:42:59PM -0400, Kevin D. Clark <kclark at CetaceanNetworks.com> wrote:
> Bob Bell <bbell at hp.com> writes:
> >     Well, then these sites should install HP-UX or Tru64 UNIX with
> > TruClusters and keep me employed  :-)
>
> What are HP's future plans for TruClusters?  How does the fact that
> the Alpha is EOL'd affect this technology?
>
> (or, please gently correct any misconceptions that I have about any of
> this)

    There's a plan for continued support for Alpha and Tru64
UNIX/TruClusters for quite a few years yet.  The future of TruClusters
is on HP-UX.  We're all really busy working on the port to HP-UX right
now.

--
Bob Bell <bbell at hp.com>
 "Windows is popular enough that if they declare a standard they will