DSL firewall/router solutions?

brian lists at karas.net
Mon Jul 14 10:42:10 EDT 2003

We use a lot of Greatspeed brand routers for our corporate DSL
offerings.  They seem to be pretty reliable, and they have models with a
decent built-in firewall.  Check ebay, you can usually find them out
there for less than $100.

Check out www.dyndns.org , or similar, for a free dynamic dns service.
There are linux clients that will update your IP address, so you can
have a "static" hostname like "pll.dyndns.org" that will always be
mapped to your current DHCP WAN IP.