Walmart.com sells Microtel PC with SuSE Linux software

Andrew W. Gaunt quantum at lucent.com
Tue Jul 15 08:41:24 EDT 2003

I'm no big fan of Walmart, however, I'm not so sure the state of
Vermont is necessarily doing wha the residents really want. We
go camping in Northern NH frequently and on occasion stop
at the Walmart in Littleton NH. I can't help but notice the
disproportionately large number of Vermont license plates in the
parking lot. Again, I view Walmart as just another purveryor
of rampant cut-throat consumerism, but, who's driving it?

It's good to see them pushing linux boxes. We know that
altruism is not the impetus. It sort of proves that linux must
be a marketable item on a large scale.

--
_| _| : : }   quantum at lucent.com - http://www-cde.mv.lucent.com/~quantum
 -(O)-==-o\   andrew_gaunt at hotmail.com - http://www.gaunt.org