DSL firewall/router solutions?

Derek Doucette derek at derek.homeunix.org
Tue Jul 15 09:19:49 EDT 2003

Kurth Bemis said:
> Stay away from Linksys.  We have about 50 8 port firewall/gateway poxed
>  deployed.  They seem to "go dumb" and need a reboot once an a while,
> even with the new firmware, also throughput isn't that good on them,
> compared to the netgear routers that we have deployed...

I second that.  I have a sr-41 router/4 port switch which seems to need
to be rebooted about once a day to maintain any throughput.  I have still
yet to find the problem, but I have at least stopped calling verizon
weekly to place the blame on their line to my place.  I have seen the
netgear routers at work with some pretty good results.

Derek Doucette
http://derek.homeunix.org