Heads up Galeon and RH 8 users

Paul Iadonisi pri.nhlug at iadonisi.to
Tue Jul 15 14:47:45 EDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 02:17:04PM -0400, Jeff Macdonald wrote:

> Any ideas?

  Well, I don't know how much people have kept up on the GNOME so
called development, but apparently, epiphany is now the browser of
choice for GNOME.  Galeon was passed over for epiphany to be bundled
the GNOME releases, and there are not even any rpms available in
Red Hat's rawhide tree.
  If you're not familiar with epiphany, it's got to be the
most feature challenged web browser in existence.  About the only
thing it's got going for it is its new (and better, IMO) approach
to bookmark management -- non-heirarchical with the addition of
bookmark searching.
  This is yet another impetus for me to begin my wholesale migration
to KDE.  Galeon is my last holdout now that the newest kmail (available
from Red Hat's rawhide) will import a file with multiple vcf entries
in it.  If it turns out that konqueror can provide the features from
galeon that I need and use often, then I'm sold.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator