sudo Runas_Spec?

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Tue Jul 15 15:00:23 EDT 2003

Hi,

Anyone ever configure sudo to allow one user to run commands as
another user?  Currently I have sudo set up, but I want to allow the
users to run:

	$ sudo -u foo command

rather than:

	$ sudo su - user
	$ command

The caveat is that I need to be able to state that eligible users are
contained within an NIS netgroup.

Currently I have:

    Cmnd_Alias	USER=<a list of comma separated commands>

    +netgroup_name	ALL = ALL, !things_like_vi, etc.

I assume I have to create something like a:

    Runas_Spec	<username to runas> =  ALL?

but I'm not sure where to go from there.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--

Seeya,