PGP/GPG Key signing party

Seth Gordon sethg at ropine.com
Thu Jul 17 21:58:31 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 14:02, Brian wrote:

> This brings up a question I've been meaning to ask... I've only lived in
> the Nashua area for a couple of years and haven't found any good,
> reliable crack houses.

I am reminded of this paper:

"The Cocaine Auction Protocol: On the Power of Anonymous Broadcast"
Frank Stajano and Ross Anderson

Traditionally, cryptographic protocols are described as a sequence of
steps, in each of which one principal sends a message to another. It is
implicitly assumed that the fundamental communication primitive is
necessarily one-to-one, and protocols addressing anonymity tend to
resort to the composition of multiple elementary transmissions in order
to frustrate traffic analysis.

This paper builds on a case study, of an anonymous auction between
mistrustful principals with no trusted arbitrator, to introduce
"anonymous broadcast" as a new protocol building block. This primitive
is, in many interesting cases, a more accurate model of what actually
happens during transmission. With certain restrictions it can give a
particularly efficient implementation technique for many
anonymity-related protocols.

http://www-lce.eng.cam.ac.uk/~fms27/cocaine/

--
"Acquaintance, n.: A person whom we know well enough to borrow from
but not well enough to lend to."  --Ambrose Bierce