I need suggestions as to where to get a replacement laptop keyboard

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Wed Jul 30 20:49:15 EDT 2003

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, at 6:15pm, f at ke1g.mv.com wrote:
> It's a Dell Latitude, so probably the place to get a replacement is Dell

  You can order one new from Dell Spare Parts for about $90, total, IIRC.
All the Latitude's use the same keyboard and are easily replaced in the
field.  The screws you need to remove are all marked with a "K" on the
bottom.  There's a single ribbon cable with a connector on the end that pops
out of the mainboard.

> So, is anyone comfortable with some source of, say, quality used Dell
> keyboards?

  I think "quality used keyboard" is probably an oxymoron.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>