Book swap?

Brian lists at karas.net
Mon Jun 2 21:22:30 EDT 2003

I have some books here, mostly of the 4ish-year-old vintage that I was
wondering if anyone would be interested in?  I'd preferably like to swap
them for something (anything) even remotely
useful/intriguing/interesting but am open to all suggestions, including
impassioned pleas for outright donation.  I'd like to get some more
in-depth javascript books, anything security related, odd bits of
hardware, beer, etc.

Titles:
Javascript - Prima Press - Kooros/DeWolfe - circa 1996
	Good introduction to javascript, covers most basic concepts

VB5 from the Ground Up (ed note: funny title if you consider it as "VB5
from the Groud Up People, as in like sausage meat, which is what most
VB5 apps remind me of)... McGraw Hill - Gary Cornell - circa whenever
VB5 was fairly new.
	Really good VB5 book for beginner to advanced VB5 programmer

Teach Yourself C in 24 hours - Sams - Tony Zhang - circa 1997
	Not like C has changed much since '97.  Really good C book, picked up
more than a few good tips from it

Masting Linux (with RH 5.1, not sure where the CD is, not that you'd
want a RH5.1 CD anyway) - Sybex - Danesh - circa 1999
	Okay, most of the X/GUI stuff is very outdated, but if you're a reall
linux noob it's a good read and still chock full o useful information

Perl 5 How-To - Waite Group Press - Glover/Humphreys/Weiss - circa 1996
	Good book to read through to learn perl, not so good as a "cookbook".

The Linux Internet Server - MIS Press - Reichard - circa 1996
	Covers slackware linux, which I've never used (Slackware 96 CD hasn't
even been opened).

Linux Network Toolkit - IDG Books - Paul G Sery - circa 1996
	A little dated, but still has lotsa good info

Perl 5 Interactive Course (with CD) - Waite Group - Orwant - circa 1996
	It won't make you a monk, but if you take the time to go through the
examples and do the sample tests it's a pretty good read (IMO).
Probably one of my most-referenced non-Oreilly books.

I also have an autographed hardcover copy of John Moy's OSPF book, if
anyone needs an OSPF manual.

--
Brian <lists at karas.net>