Book swap?

Erik Price erikprice at mac.com
Mon Jun 2 22:21:33 EDT 2003

On Monday, June 2, 2003, at 09:22  PM, Brian wrote:

> I have some books here, mostly of the 4ish-year-old vintage that I was
> wondering if anyone would be interested in?  I'd preferably like to
> swap
> them for something (anything) even remotely
> useful/intriguing/interesting but am open to all suggestions, including
> impassioned pleas for outright donation.  I'd like to get some more
> in-depth javascript books, anything security related, odd bits of
> hardware, beer, etc.

It doesn't get name-dropped as often as the Camel or Llama or Ram
books, but the Rhino is simply an awesome JavaScript book.  It's the
only JavaScript book I've read, and it's excellent.  Very in-depth.
Not really a cookbook, though, rather it should fill in any of the
holes you may have had about the language or its capabilities.

If you don't find any takers, don't rule out the library -- a great
place to unload books you'll never open again.  I remember first
reading "Learning Perl" in the Nashua Public Library (I don't live in
NH so I couldn't check it out).

Erik