PDA Suggestions

Jefferson Kirkland numberwhun at attbi.com
Thu Jun 5 18:04:34 EDT 2003

pll at lanminds.com wrote:

>I have yet to see why anyone would *need* one of these Linux based
>PDAs.  They seem like total overkill, and they're expensive.

It isn't really a *need* as much as it is a **WANT**.  I bought a Sharp
Zaurus 5500 off of the Home Shopping Network earlier this year when they
had that insane sale for $180ish.  I have been quite pleased with it so
far.  If you dim the backlight a little, say one or two notches, you can
get more life out of the battery.  It is true, the batteries don't last
too terribly long.  I ran mine down in about 2-3 days of use.
Overall though, I like it, but that is just my opinion and my .02.

Regards,

Jeff Kirkland