RH question

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Thu Jun 12 16:55:45 EDT 2003

In a message dated: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:52:12 EDT
Jason Stephenson said:

>I'm guessing the rhn subdir is for the Red Hat Network programs. When
>you sign up for up2date, you're signing up the Red Hat Network.

Yeah, that's what Ben said too.

>My RH 8.0 machine does not have that subdir, but I've also never even
>run one of the rhn apps on it. I update using wget and a NFS-mounted
>directory from my server.

We have a lot of 7.3 and 8.0 machines none of which this subdir
exists on.  This is the first 9 machine I've seen, and it was just
loaded.  I'm pretty sure the guy who installed it doesn't know about
RHN, so I'm guessing this is something which gets set at install time
now for everything.
--

Seeya,
Paul