The National DO-NOT-CALL list is ACTIVE!!!

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Fri Jun 27 16:21:47 EDT 2003

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, at 4:01pm, bayard at tds.net wrote:
> This system has been available for quite a while, and I've noticed that
> some of the callers got very uncomfortable when I mentioned it. And, it's
> resulted in a significant reduction in unwanted calls.

  Indeed.  All one has to say, when receiving a telemarketing call, is
"Please place this number on your do-not-call list."  Those are the magic
words.  Not only will that telemarketing firm stop calling you, different
telemarketing firms often share their do-not-call lists, because people who
don't accept telemarketing calls are not profitable to call.

  http://www.junkbusters.com has lots of good info on junk phone calls, junk
faxes, junk email, and junk snail mail.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>