Cheap price for Sharp Zaurus!!!!!!!!!

Hewitt Tech hewitt_tech at attbi.com
Tue Mar 18 08:38:50 EST 2003

Amazon.com has the new model for $499. They say it's being released March
21st and they are taking pre-orders now. I think the new model is the one I
might buy. It looks like a decent system. I have a Compaq iPaq handheld
(model 3670). I tried running Linux on it and succeeded in getting it
installed but the limitations were too severe. By the time Linux was loaded
(one of the Familiar versions) there was very litlle space left for any real
applications. Still, running Linux on anything so small is a pretty neat
trick.

-Alex

P.S. The complaints you hear about running Linux (or Windows CE for that
matter) are that the PDAs don't run very long on battery and when the
battery goes flat, you lose everything on the system. The new Zaurus 5600
has more Flash memory than RAM and should retain most of it's contents when
the batteries go flat. That and the fact that it will have more total memory
(96 megs I think), should make it a formidable system. I really would like
to have a PDA that can substitute for a laptop (given the much smaller
screen of course).