Oracle and Linux

Richard Soule Richard.Soule at oracle.com
Tue Mar 18 13:12:39 EST 2003

Some articles on things Oracle is doing with Linux:

http://news.com.com/2008-1001-992907.html?tag=fd_nc_1

http://www.oracle.com/corporate/press/index.html?1656846.html

http://www.oracle.com/corporate/press/1623351.html

I can remember a talk a long time ago (early '90s?) when maddog
explained why Linux didn't have security evaluations (basically the
cost). He did mention that at some point some big company would probably
come along and foot the cost. maddog seems pretty good at predicting the
future... Got any stock tips for us maddog?

I also remember some young kid explaining why Oracle didn't understand
Linux...

For those of you who want to pad your resume with "I've installed and
configured Oracle9i Database and Oracle9i Application Server on Linux"
types of statements, all Oracle software for Linux is downloadable from
http://otn.oracle.com/tech/linux/content.html.

:-)

Rich