What Excites You?

Jon Hall maddog at dtype.org
Mon Mar 24 15:31:43 EST 2003

Hi,

I am writing a talk on "What Excites Me" about Linux.  The object of this
talk is to not only talk about the philosophical things that excites me, but
honest to goodness "neat" programs.

For example, gnomemeeting excites *ME* since it will allow me to videoconference
with people while I am on the road.  I know that some people like The Gimp,
and I know that Paul Lussier likes GNUcash, but what other Open Source
programs do you think are either stellar, close to stellar, or rapidly
approaching stellar?

This includes "neat" hardware (TV tuners, radio tuners, etc.) that work with
Linux.

Thanks,

md