SCO Unix Intellectual Property Pedigree Chart

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Thu May 1 14:13:23 EDT 2003

In a message dated: Thu, 01 May 2003 14:04:02 EDT
John Abreau said:

>I used Caldera's "preview 2" release back in 1994-1995. Before that I was
>using Slackware. I got a copy of Redhat, I think 2.1, at a gnhlug meeting
>at UNH where Linus was speaking, in late 1995 or early 1996 (If I recall
>correctly, it was snowing that evening).

That was *very* early 1995.  That DEC-sponsored RH2.1 disk was the
first distro with which I could get X working properly on my hw at
the time.  I don't remember if it was snowing :)

>some sort of Netware client,

AFAIK, the netware code is their sole contribution to Linux, other
than maybe some contributions to WINE.
--

Seeya,
Paul