Ticket tracking/help desk software?

Ken D'Ambrosio kena at well.com
Mon May 5 15:31:20 EDT 2003

Hey, all.  I'm looking for what is rapidly beginning to look like the Holy
Grail: a fairly easy-to-use, understandable ticket tracking package with a
few key features:

1) Have various queues, with default assignees (eg. "Linux queue,
assignee: Ken D'Ambrosio")
2) Web interface for both end-users (for ticket creation and status) and
technicians (for status and updates)
3) E-mail updates (for notification of ticket change-of-status, and,
preferably, a nag feature for technicians)

Double Choco Latte (dcl.sourceforge.net -- and no relation to DCL of
VAXen) is nifty, but seems awfully complicated for the poor end-user to
manipulate, and... well, it's got featuritis.  I'd vastly prefer a KISS
approach.  I've looked at a bunch of 'em, and thus far am unable to go
with the above, without going hog-wild on the features.  I want end-users
to -want- to open tickets, instead of trying to go around the system
'cause it's so damn complicated.

Any help/pointers/etc., would be muchly appreciated.

-Ken