Ticket tracking/help desk software?

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Mon May 5 16:02:46 EDT 2003

>Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
>
>>Yah; I'd already looked at RT -- I can't remember what turned me off to
>>it, but you mention needing to create a web front-end for users to be able
>>to submit tickets; from that, I'm assuming one isn't included, which
>>definitely would have nixed it in my book.  Is a front-end easy to write?
>>(I guess what I'm really asking is, is the database schema easy to
>>understand, or do I risk corrupting it by making my own ad-hoc
>>modifications?)

How long ago did you look at it?  The 1.x interface wasn't that
great, usable, but not great.  2.x is supposed to be vastly better,
and I hear Jesse's working on the 3.x series.

I've used RT (1.x) in several places, and always thought it was great.
AFAIK, it does everything you're looking at doing, and more.
--

Seeya,
Paul