Ticket tracking/help desk software?

Kevin D. Clark kclark at CetaceanNetworks.com
Mon May 5 16:04:47 EDT 2003

"Ken D'Ambrosio" <kena at well.com> writes:

> Hey, all.  I'm looking for what is rapidly beginning to look like the Holy
> Grail: a fairly easy-to-use, understandable ticket tracking package with a
> few key features:
>
> 1) Have various queues, with default assignees (eg. "Linux queue,
> assignee: Ken D'Ambrosio")
> 2) Web interface for both end-users (for ticket creation and status) and
> technicians (for status and updates)
> 3) E-mail updates (for notification of ticket change-of-status, and,
> preferably, a nag feature for technicians)

Perhaps Bugzilla would satisfy your needs?  It's very, very nice, but
it's not really a trouble tracking package.

Bugzilla does everything that you asked for, in a fashion.

Regards,

--kevin
--
Kevin D. Clark / Cetacean Networks / Portsmouth, N.H. (USA)
cetaceannetworks.com!kclark (GnuPG ID: B280F24E)