Quarterly Meeting question

Bill Mullen moonmullen at attbi.com
Wed May 7 12:20:49 EDT 2003

On Tue, 6 May 2003 pll at lanminds.com wrote:

> Last week GNHLUG was honored to have Greg Rundlett speak about a variety
> of Linux desktop Multimedia tools, including a whirlwind tour of The
> Gimp.

Bet I'd've enjoyed that one ... :(

> However, for a Quarterly, the turnout was rather low.  So, I'm curious
> why more people didn't attend last week.  Was it because:
>
> 	a) it wasn't in Nashua
> 	b) Manchester is too far away
> 	c) not enough advance warning
> 	d) no place to eat nearby and I get hungry dammit!
> 	e) I only come for the beer and there wasn't any
> 	f) I tried and got lost
> 	g) all of the above
> 	h) some other reason not mentioned

H) No access to a car at present (which is why I've never been to one yet,
as much as I'd really like to meet everyone - I'm fairly confident that
Ben Scott is the only one on the list that I've actually met in person,
and even that was several years ago, back in the "good ol' BBS days" <g>).

> If you do like the idea of Quarterly meetings moving around the state
> from time to time, where would you most like them to be?

Well, my living room's probably a wee bit too small, I suppose ... ;)

Actually, you can hold 'em anywhere you like, and if I can just manage to
borrow a set of wheels for that evening, don't worry, I'll find ya. From
Hinsdale to Pittsburg, they're all just nice lil' road trips to me. :)

--
Bill Mullen   moon at lunarhub.com   MA, USA   RLU #270075   MDK 8.1 & 9.0
"In communities where men build ships for their own sons to fish or