Routing question

Ben Boulanger ben at blackavar.com
Fri May 9 16:24:36 EDT 2003

On Fri, 9 May 2003 pll at lanminds.com wrote:
> Nahhh, we're not doing anything like that.  This system is being set
> up to be used for some kind of performance testing, where they'll be
> driving the tests remotely.  Since the "way into" the box is the
> same, regardless of the IP, since they both come back to the same
> router, they want to go into the box over one subnet, and run tests
> against the other, then switch.  This way, the X traffic from the GUI
> they use will be coming over the subnet which is not being used.

Gotcha... The ARP thing is:

	echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/hidden

or you can do it per interface... Not sure if this whacks the normal
ARP... I had to use it for a project once awhile ago... don't recall all
of it, but that should at least get you pointed in the right direction.

So - You never said - can "Paul" ping 37.1 and "Ben" ping 35.1?

--

Pick up a sesame seed but lose sight of a watermelon.