Routing question

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Fri May 9 16:00:53 EDT 2003

In a message dated: Fri, 09 May 2003 15:52:33 EDT
Ben Boulanger said:

>I'll note here that even having a box on both networks is "bad" if they're
>segregated for a reason..

Well, yeah, I agree.

>seems like both are internal networks, which
>isn't so bad, but I've seen people put a box on a DMZ and the internal
>network... eep!

Nahhh, we're not doing anything like that.  This system is being set
up to be used for some kind of performance testing, where they'll be
driving the tests remotely.  Since the "way into" the box is the
same, regardless of the IP, since they both come back to the same
router, they want to go into the box over one subnet, and run tests
against the other, then switch.  This way, the X traffic from the GUI
they use will be coming over the subnet which is not being used.

Does that make sense?

--

Seeya,
Paul