Fun with NTP

Mark Komarinski mkomarinski at wayga.org
Mon May 12 14:31:16 EDT 2003

Hopefully someone out there is using NTP.  Under redhat, I just can't
seem to get it to keep the time updated.  I've got the server line
set in /etc/ntpd.conf, but when I run ntptrace or ntpdc with 'sysinfo',
it tells me the peer is always 0.0.0.0, meaning it didn't sync or
is looking locally.

It's not the firewall (or at least, the local iptables), as there
are Debian boxes that work just fine getting their time updated.

Anyone else run into this and have some ideas?

-Mark