Thailand

Hewitt Tech hewitt_tech at attbi.com
Sun May 11 10:30:01 EDT 2003

The odd thing is that I find the value proposition of being able to run
Linux as a guest OS to a Win2k host more compelling than the other way
round. When I'm able to run Linux on my otherwise less than capable Windows
box I get all those tools and nice Open Source applications. If you have
Linux as the host, you don't really get much with a Windows guest. You still
need to pay for all those Windows applications. It appears to me that the
spread of Linux in the commercial space is top down, I.E. larger companies
see the cost benefits of using Linux. Small companies don't have the sheer
investment that the big companies do nor do they see much in the way of
savings from economies of scale.

-Alex