X errors

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Tue May 13 11:32:57 EDT 2003

On Tue, 13 May 2003, at 11:16am, rcasey at ll.mit.edu wrote:
> I get the following errors when I exit an X session.

  Are you experiencing a problem beyond the error messages?

> Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to 'GtkOptionMenu'
>
> Gtk- CRITICAL **: file gtkoptionmenu.c: line 248
> (gtk_option_menu_set_history): assertion 'option_menu != NULL' failed
>
> waiting for X server to shut down Gdk-ERROR **: fatal IO error 104
> (Connection reset by peer) on X server :0.0.

  It looks to me that, when you quit the X session, some programs discover
this only when their calls to the X display server start failing.  While
their handling of this condition could doubtless be made more graceful, I
don't think it is a problem of and in itself.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>