Mostly OT: Accessing a remote Oracle database

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Thu May 15 15:08:51 EDT 2003

On Thu, 15 May 2003, at 2:12pm, pll at lanminds.com wrote:
> I believe perl has a DBD interface to Oracle and can directly access the
> database without having to install any Oracle software.

  Where might one get said DBD driver?

  I've never used Oracle with Perl, but I know both the DBD::mysql and
DBD:Pg drivers need the native C libraries to work.  So, I went and looked
up DBD::Oracle on CPAN, and it says it uses the"Oracle Call Interface
libraries", which I presume are part of the Oracle client set.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>