Matrix Reloaded

Mark Komarinski mkomarinski at wayga.org
Thu May 15 15:27:48 EDT 2003

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 02:04:54PM -0400, Kurth Bemis wrote:

> Does this mean that Linux is making it into more of the main stream?  I
> mean companies like PEPSI pay to have someone drink a pepsi, but what
> about linux?

Comedy Central (home to South Park, among other shows) has a new show
called "Chapelle's show".  One skit in there was about a training video
for some copy cop-esque store.  I heard the following about handling
customers who brought their own diskettes in:

"If they have a windows disk, tell 'em we're a Mac shop.  If they bring
a Mac disk, tell 'em we're a Windows shop.  If they brought both, tell
them we run Linux.  If they have that, tell them the system's down."

(aside: any reference to the phrase "the system's down" must include
the follwing URL:  http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail45.html)

I would have to mark that as the first popular culture (i.e. non-news,
non-financial) reference to Linux.

-Mark