The origins of SCO (was: SCO declares war ...)

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Thu May 15 15:29:27 EDT 2003

On Thu, 15 May 2003 14:22:10 -0400 (EDT)
bscott at ntisys.com wrote:

>   SCO is/was also involved in the development of "Merge", the
>   DOS-on-Unix
> software that now powers Win4Lin.  I know they still sell it.  I don't
> know if they still control any of it.  I hope not; I like Win4Lin.
I don't believe that SCO was involved with Win4Lin. They had a WINE like
commercial product.
Win4Lin is a virtual Machine (somewhat similar to VMWare) that allows
you to run Windows 9x as a process under Linux. (VMWare is a more
complete VM that allows you to run multiple Linuxes and Windows
simultaneously.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group