Microsoft to license Unix code

Bayard Coolidge bayard at tds.net
Tue May 20 16:50:21 EDT 2003

>>> They aren't the richest corporation in the world for nothing.

They are, however, a convicted felon, since the court is still
working on their punishment, and their appeal has not been
filed yet (IIRC), much less adjudicated.

They need to watch their step very, very carefully on this one.

Frankly, I think the money would be better spent on doing
some QC work to ensure that their products weren't quite
so buggy, but that's their problem. Since I refuse to use their
stuff anyway, I could care less.

Just my 20 millidollars' worth,

Bayard